By the way this?
This will never not be hilarious to me.
#the women of firefly are so perfect #river: frail unstable genius girl WHO KICKS YOUR ASS #inara; the ‘whore’ who flips on edge everything most’d normally think about a whore and is beautiful inside and out #zoe: fierce warrior and soldier who wants to be a mother someday #WHERE ARE YOUR LADY TROPE GODS NOW????
1. They are afraid to share their true thoughts and feelings with others.
2. They are terrified of intimacy and put up walls in relationships. They also fear commitment as they expect to be rejected.
3. They are often extremely shy, easily embarrassed, and are terrified of being shamed or humiliated. They tend to suffer from debilitating false guilt.
4. They struggle with feelings of worthlessness and believe they are inferior to others. They believe that is something they can never change as worthlessness is at the core of who they are.
5. They often feel ugly and flawed, even when they’re beautiful – and everyone tells them that.
6. They may be narcissistic and act as if they have it all together; alternatively, they may be completely selfless, almost to the point of being a doormat.
7. They are often very defensive and find it hard to bear the slightest criticism. They feel as if they are being constantly watched and judged.
8. They have a pervasive sense of loneliness and always feel like outsiders (even when others genuinely like and love them).
9. They feel controlled – as if they always have to do what others want and say – and this blocks spontaneity.
10. They are perfectionists and usually suffer from performance anxiety. This may also cause them to be procrastinators.
11. They tend to block their feelings through compulsive behaviors like eating disorders, retail therapy or substance-abuse.
12. They find it hard to establish and enforce healthy boundaries with others.
Mordin dies if you betray the Krogan too, you just shoot him.
Fooling Wrex was hard, but necessary. The math is undeniable.
shorts, i’m surprised at you! with wreav the choice is extremely obvious, but with both wrex and bakara alive, i think the ethical question posed is much more gray. it’s certainly not so cut-and-dried to be ‘undeniable’
like, the entire point in the first place is that the salarians’ math was bad—or more accurately, incalculable. salarans didn’t take into account the cultural decay that the genophage caused, which meant that despite birth rates being exactly what they predicted, the krogan were killing themselves into slow extinction
that kind of cultural phenomenon is impossible to predict mathematically, and considering the revolutionary ideas coming out of clan urdnot, dismissing it yet again in favor of pure math is… at the very least, gonna net you an incomplete hypothesis
at worst, it’s needless genocide
“So you don’t think that women should stay at home and cook for men, maybe?”
THIS BLOG DEFENDS FICTIONAL CHARACTERS
(especially when they have a sexy voice!)
Nicholas II of Russia
For our 100th post, I’m going to do one of my personal top history crushes.
[This mod is a huge sucker for the Romanovs; this may get long.]
Nicholas II was the last tsar of Russia, and part of the famous Romanov house. He was both a cutie and a downrightgood lookin’hunk of man. He also had a perfect beard. And I wish he were my papa, because he was a happy, adorable father as well. But his story is not a very happy one.
When he succeeded his father in 1894, he had very little experience; unfortunately for him, it showed. He thought expansion into Manchuria sounded fabulous, but Japan kicked his ass, resulting in riots in Russia. In January 1905, on ‘Bloody Sunday’, the army in St Petersburg shot at a crowd demanding radical reforms. People really started hating on Nick, and he pretty much was forced to grant a constitution and establish a parliament, the Duma. Yeah whatever, he still had a lot of control.
So WWI comes along and Nicky decides “HEY I’m the TSAR and I have POWER, so I’m going to directly command the Russian army!” Bad move, Nicho. This only lead to every failure that the military felt to be directly associated with him. His image was crying.
Nicholas stayed out of the public eye a lot [no surprise there], letting his wife, Alexandra, be the voice of the government. She wore the pants in their relationship, anyway. Russia was looking pretty awful by this time; people were broke and starving, and they had Alexandra and her BFF Rasputin to point their shaky fingers at.
In December 1916, Rasputin was [finally] killed, and a few months later huge riots and demonstrations had taken over St. Petersburg. The army finally said “screw you” and Nick had no alternative but to abdicate. A sad little provisional government was established in their place, later overthrown by the Bolsheviks.
Here’s where things get super sad for the former tsar. So the Bolsheviks decide to keep Nicholas and his family as prisoners, essentially. On July 17 1918, as anti-Bolsheviks approached Yekaterinburg, the family was moved to another room; they thought they were being put somewhere more safe because of the protesters. Just kidding! Here’s some executioners with revolvers pointed at you instead [this was probably Vladimir Lenin’s doing].
They say Nick’s last words were “you know not what you do.” He was the first one to die. His 4 girls survived the first hail of bullets; the sisters were wearing over 1.3 kilograms of diamonds and gems on their clothing, which served as freaking armor. The poor girls were then stabbed with bayonets and shot at close range in the head.
And so ends the sad, fail life of Nicholas II. Welp, at least he looked good.
Please allow me to reblog my own post, for I see we have a few more Nick fans in this group of fantastic followers. I adore this cutie pie.
I can’t believe this was the 100th post, and now we are at an amazing 1365 posts.
Thank you everyone!
Mass Effect gets a colony on the fucking moon.